Friday, June 8, 2012

Thrift Store Pyrex



I stopped by the thrift store the other day on my way to the dentist, and found these bowls; 50¢ for the small one and $1.00 for the larger one.  They aren't my favorite color, but I still love them.  I think I may even have a larger one in my cupboard.   Maybe they'll hold fresh eggs in the frig.

I've finished (almost) three quilts in the past month, which is like some kind of record for me.  I'll post pics soon.

Kids are out of school here in Las Vegas.  Time to make some Summer plans. : )

Linking to Sunny Simple Sundays

8 comments:

  1. I remember those! Haven't seen any in some time though.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow that thrift store had no idea what the value was worth. You got an awesome deal. Love the color. Thanks for linking up. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pyrex but rarely see it in our thrift stores here. What a fantastic deal you got. I am a quilter, too so I look forward to seeing your quilts. I tried to follow you but couldn't find a place to join you...Your blog is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'd love to have you as a follower! There should be a box to enter your email address on the right, above the categories. If this doesn't work let me know. I'm new at this, and I've got a lot to learn. : ) Quilt pics coming in a day or so.

      Delete
  4. What a great find for a great price. I think the color is very cheery and would be fun for Fall. I had to smile because I have fresh eggs (from a friend) in a vintage Pyrex bowl in my fridge.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great prices on the Pyrex. I found you through Sunny Simple Sundays linky party

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from Sunny's party -- LOVE those old cinderella bowl from pyrex -- they are my go-to mixing bowls. It is amazing how popular old pyrex items are these days -- something so utilitarian. Enjoyed my visit here :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have some just like them! I love vintage Pyrex! I found you via Sunny SImple Sundays! I will be following you! Come by and visit me at Home in Douglas.

    ReplyDelete