Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Quilt Show Pics

Last weekend, my quilting buddy Christa, of ChristaQuilts, and I hit the road to St. George to take in the Utah State Quilt Show . We also attended our guild's annual retreat, but more on that later.  Here are pictures of my favorites from the show (click on any to enlarge):

Dutch Treat by Glenna Hailey


close-up of Dutch Treat




Halloween Baltimore by Pat Peters


close-up of Halloween Baltimore


Christa eyeing a quilt by Helen Butler (no quilt name)


by Bonnie Barker (no quilt name)

 
Unfortunately I can't read the quilter's name on this one


close-up of above quilt


Daisy by Pat VanOordt & Cory Allender


close-up of Daisy

As you can see, there was much eye-candy on display.  So much talent!  We are making plans to go again next year.

After the show and a quick lunch, we took in some quilt shops as well - Lazy Daisy, Scrap Apple Quilts, and Superior Threads - all of which I highly recommend.  These shops all have their own personalities and super-friendly staff. 

Next we headed back to the guild retreat in Mesquite, Nevada.  More on that in my next post.

Linking to:  

and