Monday, May 6, 2013

Local Quilt Show

Two weekends ago was the Desert Quilters of Nevada annual quilt show.  There was lots of talent and variety, and I tried to capture a bit of it:



"X" Marks the Spot by Michael Coughran

Strawberry Fields Picnic by Bonnie Kulwin

Lotus Blossom by Cory Allender.  This quilt has phenomenal quilting and it partially hand-painted; the photo doesn't do it justice.

Round and Round by Elwyn McGaugh

These two were entered by my friend Christa:

Hugs 'n' Kisses by Christa Watson.  Daughter Jenna (on the left) has claimed this one for her own.  Good choice Jenna!

Charming Chevrons by Christ Watson

 I also have to show this couple and their booth:


They make and sell all kinds of handmade wood quilt accessories.  I picked up a replacement part {free} for my seam-ripper that I bought from them a few years ago.  You can see similar ones on the table at the right.  Love mine!  Their company is Westenshow & Sons and they vend at quilt shows around the Western US. 

I'll be back soon with a photo of my Scrappy Trip Along top - yay!!!  Better get that quilt back pieced.