Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Fabric Pumpkin Finish

Happy October!  In the desert southwest, we pretty much live for this time of year. 

The other day, I was putting out some fall decorations, and realized I didn't have any actual "pumpkin" decorations.  So I searched and found this tutorial and made one up.




 It was so easy and probably took less than an hour.   Here's what I used:
  • A 9" x 21" piece of orange floral fabric (half of a fat quarter works great)
  • Scraps of green dot fused together with Heat-n-Bond 
  • Craft stuffing, cream-colored crochet thread, piece of jute, 1/2" x 2" stick, cookie cutter for leaf shape, glue  
I just love it and plan on making more in other sizes.  A display with several would be fun.  

Finished size:  Approx. 6"W x 3 1/2"H (not inc. stem)  

Fabrics used in project are from the Fig Tree Farmhouse collection by Moda