Tuesday, March 31, 2020

LIttle Fabric Trays


charm square trays


I made a bunch of these little fabric trays to give to friends at a quilt retreat a few weeks ago, and everyone loved them.  They're fun little gifts to make that just take a few minutes, and they look so cute holding pins, clips or whatever.  I use mine for holding a small pin magnet (which got a cute slipcover to match).


singer 301a sewing machine with charm square tray





I used A Spoonful of Sugar's easy tutorial, only making two small changes - I used two regular charm squares instead of linen and lawn fabrics, and closed the corners by machine instead of hand-stitching with embroidery floss.  Embroidery floss does add a nice touch, I just needed them done in a hurry.


charm square fabric tray


These would also be fun to give out with a few treats like wrapped chocolates or cookies.  Let me know in the comments what other ideas you have for them.