Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Simple Project: Ironing Board Cover




I decided to clean up my sewing space last weekend, and after moving my ironing board to a new spot, thought it could use a new cover.  I looked around online and found this tutorial.  After choosing the fabrics, I got to work.  It was pretty easy to make; I think it took longer to pick out the fabrics than to actually make it. I just put the new cover over the old one, which had the padding attached. 

tie on new cover, old one still in place




I did make one mistake {maybe two}.  When tracing around the board, I only left 3 1/2" instead of the 4" that the tutorial recommended.  It doesn't seem to be causing any problems though.  I really like how it turned out, and that it adds a pop of color to my white room.  The maybe mistake is that I didn't pre-wash my fabrics.  Hopefully they won't bleed or shrink too much.  Maybe all that heat will set the dyes.  : /


All in all, it was a fun project! Now I'm thinking about painting a cabinet in the room a fun color, like apple green.  My son, who shares the space, asked that I not paint it pink.  : ) 

Fabrics used:  Sew Cherry (green dot/flower) and Large Gingham by Riley Blake, Pam Kitty Picnic (middle band) by Pam Kitty/Lakehouse.  

Linking to:  Sew Many Ways - Sew Darn Crafty
                    Quilt Story - Fabric Tuesday 

4 comments:

  1. I love the fabrics you used, such a pretty fun color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what a great project. Such pretty fabrics! I need to check out the tute and do mine too. I have a secret for you. I NEVER prewash my fabric!!!
    ; ) xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Stacy! Love your new cover. I made a new cover for my full size board and used elastic around the edge. Hope you are having good summer so far.

    ReplyDelete