Monday, September 1, 2014

Chevron Tote Bag







I love tote bags.  They're so handy when a purse is just not enough.  I found this easy tutorial on Pinterest and decided to make one for myself using a Riley Blake Chevron and a coordinating print from Lori Holt's Bake Sale.  It finishes at about 18"W x 13"H (flattened), and the straps are approx. 29" long. 


I used the Pellon Fusible Fleece to give it stability and covered a piece of cardboard to make the bottom rigid.  It was a fun and easy project.  Right now, I'm working on a smaller one using Moonflower (gray, white and yellow) to carry as a purse.  I promise to share when I finish in a couple of days. 


Next, a new fabric wallet seems in order.  I'm really enjoying working on little projects that finish quickly.  

Linking to: Sew Many Ways - Sew Darn Crafty Linky Party
                 My Quilt Infatuation - Needie & Thread Thursday

2 comments:

  1. It`s super cool and beautiful and would love to know what did you use to be rigid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosa! I used Pellon Fusible Fleece 987F for the body of the bag, Pellon Craft Fuse 808 for the straps, and two pieces of corrugated cardboard (box flaps) glued together for the bottom insert.

      Delete