Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Happy Go Lucky Quilt Top Done & Another in the Works




It's been a little while since I finished this quilt top, but haven't shared it before now (I don't think?).  It's made up of simple strip-pieced pinwheel blocks (8" finished) using 18 Happy Go Lucky prints  (by Bonnie & Camille/Moda).  I really love the happy colors of the collection and how they look in the top.  Just one problem though; I used two different whites for the background - Bella White Bleached and Bella Bleached White.  Oops.  I couldn't remember which one I started with, and well, they look so similar in my sewing room, I didn't think it would matter much.  When I went to take a photo of the top outside - WOW - different story. 





Oh well, I still love it.  Not sure how I'm going to quilt it yet.  Maybe with straight or curvy lines, or a curvy design in the white areas. Have to give that some thought.

I strip-pieced the blocks using 2.5" strips, which left me with some pieced scraps, which I decided to turn into 4-patch units.




So, I went looking on Pinterest for ideas on how to use them, and found a few I liked.

Link to Pin
Link to Pin
Link to Pin


Link to Pin

The layout right above is my favorite and the one I think I'll go with.  I'm thinking of making all of the star points solid red or navy to give it a modern touch.

Come see me on Instagram to see what else I'm working on.

Linking to:  Sew Many Ways Sew Darn Crafty
                  Quilt Story Fabric Tuesday
                  My Quilt Infatuation Needle and Thread Thursday
                  Crazy Mom Quilts Finish It Up Friday