Monday, April 13, 2015

Posie Patch Quilt Finish!

So happy to have this one finished! 


I started the top a few years ago when co-teaching a retreat class with my friend Christa.  I used some loved & hoarded Susan Branch/RJR fabrics from a few years prior.  It is still one of my favorite collections! 

The flowers are fused with Heat-n-Bond and machine-appliqued down. I quilted the 9-patches with curvy lines, and echo-quilted around the flowers.  I did a free-motion leaf design (which I often use) around the border. 




 I used one of my favorite text prints from Polka Dot Stitches by Lori Holt and Riley Blake on the back.  So cute, it has lots of stitch-y words and illustrations.  The binding is another Susan Branch/RJR print and is applied entirely by machine.  LoVe machine-finished binding.




Next up -- finishing my grandson's baby quilt (he's almost 3 months), a blouse and zipper pouch for my local MQG's swap.    

Pattern from the book Patches and Posies by Teri Christopherson 

Linking to:  Quilt Story Fabric Tuesday

6 comments:

  1. I love the blanket stitching on the applique blocks. Really gives it a retro, handmade feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable quilt! Love those pretty flowers and it has a beautiful retro look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So bright and cheerful it makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So bright and cheerful it makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete