Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Summer Sewing

Is it hot where you are?  Summer is in full-swing here; most days hovering around 110°. At this time of year, the most we can hope for is it doesn't get any hotter.  : /

Anyway, I've been inside (when I'm not out in my garden picking endless tomatoes) working on some small projects.  First a little potholder for the patriotic holidays.  I used two layers of cotton batting and  a stretch zigzag stitch (I think that's what it's called) about 1/2" apart to quilt it.  This combo gives it a nice texture. 




Next is a little lettuce drying/storage bag that I've been wanting to make for a while.  If you haven't heard of this, you just put your freshly washed greens in the bag. pull the drawstring, go outside (very important) and start doing arm circles.  You'll be surprised at how well this works to dry your lettuce. 


According to what I read, you can also store your greens in there too.  I'll be trying that with the next batch of lettuce I get. 

I've also been working on organizing my sewing space.  Here's a snapshot of part of my little corner.


I'm using the chalkboard to remind me of my current projects.  I get distracted.  : )   The chevron blocks are made of Farmhouse by Fig Tree & Co. (coming soon).  They'll be going into a table runner shortly.

I've also been working on some secret sewing.  Here's a sneak-peak:


I'm loving the teal and orange combo right now.  I'll be able to share more on this project real soon. 

Come see me on Instagram! 

Linking to:  Quilt Story: Fabric Tuesday!
                         My Quilt Infatuation: Needle and Thread Thursday 
                         Crazy Mom Quilts: Finish It Up Friday