Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Strawberry Biscuit Blog Hop Here Today!



 
Welcome to my stop on the Strawberry Biscuit blog hop!  Oh my goodness - have you seen all the adorable projects being made with Elea Lutz's new collection?  Quilts, bags, kitchen accessories, baskets, pillows, skirts and even dolls.

I love the happy colors and sweet motifs of this vintage-y collection (I mean, how could you not?), and since they are the colors in my sewing space, I thought baskets to hold sewing supplies would be fun to make.       

I made three sizes so they could hold a variety of items like threads, scraps, notions, leftover binding, leaders & enders, you get the idea.

small
medium
large
For the inside of the largest, I used this pink print which has sweet little animals playing together.


There are MANY good tutorials available for fabric baskets, but this one is the most similar to the method I used.  It's basically like making a pouch without the zipper, and adding handles.  I used Pellon fusible batting ironed to the outside instead of interfacing.  Quilting would have added a nice touch and more stiffness.    


Because I loved the gray floral so much, and because my other phone case was getting a little ragged, I used some scraps to make myself a new one. 


I made the case so my phone would be snug, added a loop for my house key, and used the selvage to give it a cute tag.  Now when I go for a walk, I just grab my phone and go.  For a quick trip to the store, I can also tuck in my license and debit card. It even garnered a compliment from my teenage son. *smile* If anyone is interested in a tutorial, let me know in the comments and I'll get one done. 


I hope you enjoyed your stop.  Thank you Elea and Penny Rose for allowing me to participate!  For more inspiration, go check out the next stops on the hop:

28 April - Megan of Sew Style Love (@dollyhenryau)

28 April - Kimberly of Fat Quarter Shop (@fatquartershop) 

29 April - Christa of Cotton Berry Quilts (@cottonberryquilts)

29 April - Elea of Elea Lutz Design (@elealutz)
 
Come see me on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/farmroadquilts/
 

8 comments:

  1. Stacy, your baskets are so lovely! Your project couldn't be more perfect - these are exactly like what I was hoping to make for myself and to take to Quilt Market in May. Thank you for sharing a great tutorial - yours are so darling! And what an awesome idea for your phone case. My hand is raised for a tutorial! It would be perfect for when I take my pup out on a walk. THANK YOU so much for sharing your beautiful creations on the hop today. I'm so grateful you joined me. xx Elea

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! Great job, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacy, Your baskets are lovely, what a great project pretty and practical..Just what I need.
    Glenis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,how cute are these baskets! I'm going to make me some too! so charming+useful! Thanks for sharing! msstitcher1214@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't made any of the baskets yet but there on my long list of todos...happyness04431@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacy, thank you for such cuteness! I would love to see a tutorial for your darling phone case w/ key holder!! Thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so cute! I really need to make some baskets to organize my sewing room a bit better. There are a few WIPs without places to rest until I get to them :-) Megan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh, these are all just darling! The fabrics are just so happy!!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete