Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Quilt Finish!







Just pulled my American Jane scrappy trips out of the dryer and am enjoying all its crinkly goodness.  That's the moment that makes it all worthwhile, isn't it?  This one was done in record time - 11 months (less than a year is a record for me - not counting baby quilts).  There are (36) 12" blocks, set 6 x 6, for a finished size of 72" square.  (For free instructions, go here.)  I quilted it with free-motion wavy lines; my newest favorite method. Can't wait to snuggle under it while watching my favorite Christmas movies.  


note: photo added 12/5

Next up - quilting my 12 Days of Christmas quilt, which is all pin-basted and ready to go.  I'm going to quilt it with wavy lines going from top to bottom.  Be back soon with pictures.    

Linking to: Quilt Story Fabric Tuesday
                 Freemotion By The River Linky Tuesday   
                 Lily's Quilts Fresh Sewing Day
                 Pretty Bobbins I Quilt Linky Party #10
                 Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson Share Your Cup Thursday #84 
                 My Quilt Infatuation Needle and Thread Thursday 
                 Crazy Mom Quilts Finish It Up Friday 
                 Quokka Quilts TGIFF December 
                 Amy's Creative Side - Blogger's Quilt Festival 

35 comments:

  1. Congratulations! This looks so bright and cheery (and cozy)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I am IN LOVE with that quilt!!!!! What pattern did you use? Bonnie Hunters? I NEED to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your quilt is beautiful! Congrats on your record time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL!!! I love quilts after they come out of the dryer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your quilt as it's one of those kind that just yells at you to curl up in it! I haven't done Bonnie's Scrappy Trips yet, but I have done her Trip Around The World. They are a lot of fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt and I'm with you....love a quilt just out of the dryer!! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful! I love lots of pretty quilts around me...adds comfort and beauty to our homes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't use the words "OH, MY!" often in my comments, but your quilt (oh, the lovely fabric) is W O N D E R F U L !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE American Jane and Scrappy Trips. Your quilt is AWESOME!!!! Love it so much. i made one totally scrappy but haven't quilted it yet. This makes me want to finish it! And soon!
    visiting from Needle and Thread thursday!
    xo jan@sewandsowfarm

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a new follower too through email. :)
    jan#sewandsowfarm

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Crinkle goodness at its best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! The colours in the line really work well to give that scrappy feel!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am surprised that it only took 11 months. That is some serious piecing. I am a bit of an American Jane fan.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely finish - congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great finish! I love the vintage feel this quilt has. You have me re-considering my first attempt at a scrappy trip quilt (my fabric choices were bleh ;o). Your fabrics are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE this quilt! Scrappy trips are so much fun, and the vintage inspired fabrics look so perfect. It is just so happy!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful finish for sure, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks great! I love the vintage look of the fabric. I'm currently trying to finish my Trips quilt in time to gift it for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your quilt is beautiful! I finished a similar scrappy trip this summer, and I just love it. They are happy quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great pattern choice for these repro fabrics! Visiting from TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love American Jane fabrics and the scrappy trip around the world pattern so it's no surprise that I love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, I love these fabrics. Perfect scrappy quilt! One of my favs. Pinned. Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh I adore this quilt - beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It looks so cosy and homely - pure joy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful scrappy trip! Very vintage feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really pretty quilt! I love the oldish style to the prints.:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love it so much! I'm cutting my American Jane's up right now!!!!!

    ReplyDelete