Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Scrappy Quilt Finish!

Hello!  Today I'm here to show my latest quilt finish.


I started this quilt around 10 years ago and am so happy to have it done.  Most of the scraps (the small squares) I used were left over from 2" strips from two log cabin quilts I made.   The middle squares are 3 1/2" (unfin.).  This quilt was a fun, low-stress project.


The backgrounds are from my stash too, except maybe for one or two.  The alternating block squares are 9 1/2" (unfin.).  I quilted straight lines 1 1/2" apart with my walking foot.  I like the slightly modern look they give it.


 To really bust some stash, I used a bunch of fat quarters on the back.  Kind of reminds me of a picnic quilt. 


The binding is finished by machine, using my favorite "nearly invisible" method. 


Finished size - 63" sq., block size - 9"           



Linking to:  Sew Many Ways Sew Darn Crafty
                  Crazy Mom Quilt Finish It Up Friday
                  Quilt Story Fabric Tuesday