Thursday, April 24, 2014

Sew and Tell


After getting my heart quilt finished (yay!), I decided to turn my attention to this little quilt.  Since it isn't very big ( 46" x 56"), I thought I would try basting it on a large section of my kitchen counter.  I used tape and some large clamps to secure the backing, and pin-basted 1/2 at a time.  It worked pretty well!  

So, last night I started in on quilting it.  I decided to quilt curvy lines in the squares, and am doing all the white areas first. 



I really like how it's looking, and am wondering if I'll even need to quilt in the colored squares.  We'll have to see.  I plan on echo-quilting around the applique, and doing some quilting inside the flowers and leaves.

In between the heart quilt and the Posie Patch, I had a little sew-in one afternoon with some quilt-y friends (you'll remember them from the quilt show).  Pam brought us some mini quilts she had just finished up:



  

Aren't they the cutest!  Now I'm thinking of making one (or some).  She was finishing up the binding on this one:


Sorry, it's hard to see the colors in the photo, but it I would call it a low volume 16-patch quilt.  She made it to fit her picnic table.  Don't know if I'd want to eat on it.  : )   Pam is leaving us next month to spend the summer in Wisconsin, but she'll be back in the fall.  Hopefully she'll come back with more show-n-tell.

Linda made us the cutest little closeable fabric baskets, just perfect as thread catchers.  You can see it at my Instagram (sorry, I couldn't get the pic to show up here). 

I worked on my Happy Pinwheels quilt, and finished it up that evening. I'll start quilting on it after I'm done working on my Posie Patch quilt.


Hope you all had a happy Easter.  We had lots of family over, including these little cuties who are waiting for the egg hunt:


Despite her size, the little one in the middle gathered the most eggs; no head start for her next year.  : )